Group C Media Careers
Group C Media is a business-to-business media company, and we welcome hearing from talented, motivated people who are looking to make a commitment to excellence.
We offer a creative and challenging entrepreneurial environment that rewards initiative and achievement. Our employees are highly competent, creative individuals who demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning and professional growth. We are equally committed to investing in training our people and providing career growth opportunities.
We offer professional opportunities, a positive and fun work environment, and a competitive benefits package.
Group C Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The following position(s) are now available.
Group C Media is looking for a Production Manager to oversee the entire magazine production process for three business-to-business publications and ad trafficking for their respective websites, among other duties.
Position starts May 1, 2022
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with Editors and Creative Director to assign articles for production and share assignment sheets to track status of all articles.
- Work with Editorial Directors on creating layouts for each issue.
- Flight-check and track all ads, and design ads as needed.
- Work closely with Creative Director on updating Masters doc for each publication per issue.
- Layout/Design articles for each publication.
- Coordinate co-mail dates for each pub with Controller. Communicate dates with our printer. Upload mail files and issue info per established schedule.
- Create print order for printer.
- Get estimates for magazine printing, reader service cards, cover tips and special projects, and design/produce materials as needed.
- Work closely with printer to communicate issue information, changes in page count, scheduling, etc.
- Create annual production schedules for three publications.
- Create annual budgets for print publications.
- Finalize and approve all digital editions
Online Ad Ops
- Create orders and line items in Google Ad Manager
- Assist ad ops in tracking down missing creative before start of new month.
- Position oversees and works closely with Creative Director
- Administrator for Adobe Creative Cloud, Enfocus PitStop and Markzware
- Work with Creative Director on producing material for annual conference
Must Have Knowledge of Relevant Programs and Technology
Adobe InDesign (page layout and design) / QXPMarkz (Quark to ID conversion)
Adobe Acrobat Pro, with Enfocus PitStop Plug-in
Microsoft OneDrive and SharePoint
Microsoft Office Suite
ePica (estimating tool)
BlueToad (e-Pub publishing software)