Group C Media Careers
Group C Media is a business-to-business media company, and we welcome hearing from talented, motivated people who are looking to make a commitment to excellence.
We offer a creative and challenging entrepreneurial environment that rewards initiative and achievement. Our employees are highly competent, creative individuals who demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning and professional growth. We are equally committed to investing in training our people and providing career growth opportunities.
We offer professional opportunities, a positive and fun work environment, and a competitive benefits package.
Group C Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The following position(s) are now available.
Job Title: Editorial Director
Overview: Responsible for overseeing day-to-day group editorial activities including magazine, website, events, newsletters and more; Supervision of associate editor; managing editorial workflow; performing editorial tasks; and working with publisher to shape editorial contributions to the business plan.
To lead the group’s development of strong editorial products — from magazine, to digital, to live events — that build engaged and responsive audiences, increasing the effectiveness of editorial in revenue generation.
Reports to: President
Responsibilities and Duties
- Schedule and assign work activities/content to associate editor and contributors; plan live, and digital events, monitor and review work performed; oversee editorial and production workflow; ensure quality and accuracy of all digital/print content, manage sponsored content needs.
- Participate in discussions with publisher to provide editorial perspective and inform key decisions.
- Schedule, assign, and ensure completion of editorial activities for digital and print content; lead editorial meetings and workflow.
- Participate in execution of day-to-day editorial work to meet key deadlines; heavy output expected in writing articles, features, Q&As, short- and long-form digital and print content.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems related to editorial and production workflow.
- Develop and execute ideas that contribute to the improvement, quality, and accuracy of all digital and print content (magazine 6x year, website, newsletters, custom content).
- Communicate constantly with clients and work in managing client content initiatives.
Energy, motivating, adaptability, integrity, judgment, critical thinking, creativity, situational awareness, courage, communication, leadership, stress resistance, discipline, planning, organizing, monitoring progress, analytical skills, managing conflict, teamwork, assertiveness, delegating.
Knowledge / Skill / Ability
- Excellent written communication skills and knowledge of the English language.
- Ability to write and edit content and work with contributors to develop content.
- Ability to set an editorial vision, lead and manage individual editors and contributors.
- Ability to lead workflow of digital/print content and adhere to deadlines.
- Proficiency with computers/layout application.
Equivalent Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher; major in English or related field or in a technology field.
- At least seven (7) years of experience with editorial or related work.
- B2B experience preferred.
Special Job Dimensions
- Travel as much as 25% (attendance at and coverage of major industry events to develop a presence in the industry and professionally represent publication at appropriate functions).
- Ability to work remotely or in office environments as needed.
- Covid-19 Vaccinated
- Manages associate/assistant/managing editor and commissioned contributors.
- Remote for right candidate.
If interested, please submit your resume with cover letter and salary requirements, to Danielle DePasquale ([email protected]).